Your repair service is guaranteed with a professional workmanship!
After your repair service is completed, the technician will list the details of your warranty on your invoice. Depending on the parts that were used to perform the repair, your warranty period will range from 3 months to 1 year.
Warranty claims are exceptionally low and typically come from customers with fridges that are exposed to above normal use. If your refrigerator continues to malfunction after the repair, then your refrigerator will be serviced again free of charge.
The service warranty will be provided by the appliance repair technician (“service provider”), who performed the original repair service.
Some warranty exceptions apply:
- The warranty does not cover clogs of any kind.
- The warranty does not apply in any case of excessive or non-standard usage.
- The warranty will not be in effect in a case of a wrong usage, and/or any damage that was caused directly or indirectly by the customer’s use of the repaired fridge.
- The warranty will not be in effect if any foreign objects enter the pump, motors, or any other mechanical part.
- Warranty on replacement parts that were discontinued by the manufacturer cannot be honored.
How to make a warranty claim?
Simply look at your original repair invoice. Your invoice should list the details of your warranty. Use the contact information on the invoice to contact the company that provided the original repair. They will provide the warranty service.